• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tyrone

• Members
  • null

• PipPipPip
  • 33452 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

So I wrote a post about how I loooooove this shit. McDonalds caramel iced coffee.

Posted Image

The shit is worse than crack. Unfortunatly, you have to go to McDonalds to get it, then when you drink it, it's gone. But I have a dream. A dream of all the caramel iced coffee I want right in my own home.

So I will set out on that mission. I dont drink coffee so I'll have to get a coffeemaker to start. Probably not more than 10 bucks at Wal Mart these days though.

I think one of the keys is the exact type of coffee McDonalds uses

Newmann’s Organic (made by Green Mountain).

I think this recipe will be a good starting point..

Caramel Iced Coffee

Ingredients:
3 cups of crushed ice or ice cubes
1 1/2 cups of cold coffee
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of caramel syrup
1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup
1/4 teaspoon of salt
pinch of vanilla extract

Instructions:
In a blender, combine the cold coffee, whole milk, sugar, caramel and chocolate syrups, and salt.

Blend on medium speed for 20 seconds.

Add a pinch of vanilla extract and 3 cups of ice.

Blend on high speed until the drink is smooth and creamy.

Serve as desired.

Notes:
This recipe yields enough for two large servings.

Fun project :hip

Once I create this I'm only going to indulge in it for like one week. Otherwise I'll get addicted like I used to be for soda..but for one week I'm going to have a fucking pitcher of the shit on standby.

#2 STFUMAN

• Members
  • Shithead Crusher

• PipPipPip
  • 4939 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

:tyrone :Burger :tyrone

#3 DoorStop

• Members
  • Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2990 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

I tried their Iced Coffee last summer and they put way too much cream in it :sick

#4 tyrone

• Members
  • null

• PipPipPip
  • 33452 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

I dont think I'm going to try to get the Newmans coffee. I recall reading it's what McD's uses in the caramel ice coffee, but now I cant find the reference so I'm not sure. Besides, I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference I'm not exactly a coffee connoisseur. The problem is I'd probably have to go to Starbucks or order off the web to get it. I'm thinking now just one shot stop at Wal Mart..I'll just get folgers or whatever.

I'm not sure what the difference between "creamer" and just milk is and what I should use though. Also the caramel syrup may be tough, I'd imagine you want it specially designed for coffee and not just like ice cream syrup, which may require web ordering again.

This may help in some way:

Posted Image

I'm sure they carry that type of shit at Wally World..

Edited by tyrone, 17 April 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#5 Outcast2004

• Members
  • 6-8,265lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal(i've lost weight)

• PipPipPip
  • 4306 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

It's easy to make.
Make a full pot of whatever your favorite coffee (make it a little strong, you can add water after it's brewed to make a little more. Hence why I said to make it strong.)
Brew it, transport it to a different container while still hot. Mix in whatever ingredients you wish... be it sugar or creamer (even powdered works) while still hot.

Pop that shit in the fridge overnight.

Pour little over half of whatever cup you're using with the cold coffee, add milk or cream to fill.

Easy to make and costs about 50 cents to make a half gallon that will last quite a awhile.

Edited by Outcast2004, 17 April 2009 - 12:07 PM.

#6 tyrone

• Members
  • null

• PipPipPip
  • 33452 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

Yeah this turned out to be really easy. You can get the caramel syrup right at grocery stores. Other than just need milk/creamer, and I had forgot such a thing exists as instant coffee so you dont even need a coffeepot.

However it wasnt nearly as satisfying on first attempt as the McD's stuff. Not sure why. Maybe because I didnt fully chill it, maybe the ingredients arent to McDonalds spec, even my ice cubes are different. Will work on it more later. I'm kinda not all that surprised, I figured it would be difficult to recreate.

Edited by tyrone, 18 April 2009 - 03:31 PM.

#7 Meckle

• Members
  • Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3248 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

You can't get the blend McDonald's uses. It's exclusive to them.

Although once you add in all the sugar, cream, and flavoring it probably wouldn't matter that much.

Edited by Meckle, 18 April 2009 - 03:36 PM.

#8 tyrone

• Members
  • null

• PipPipPip
  • 33452 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

You can't get the blend McDonald's uses. It's exclusive to them.

i think i read somewhere on the internets it's newmans own organic by green mountain or something. however i'm not totally sure. that may just be in the new england area. however i dont think the exact type of coffee should be a big deal. i'm thinking the ratio of cream/milk etc is a lot bigger.

it's going to be hard to exactly recreate, who knows what they put in there, may have some vanilla flavor, etc.

i see them make it, they seem to just squirt some syrup in the cup then use there latte machine then swirl it up is all.

#9 Meckle

• Members
  • Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3248 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

i think i read somewhere on the internets it's newmans own organic by green mountain or something. however i'm not totally sure. that may just be in the new england area. however i dont think the exact type of coffee should be a big deal. i'm thinking the ratio of cream/milk etc is a lot bigger.

it's going to be hard to exactly recreate, who knows what they put in there, may have some vanilla flavor, etc.

i see them make it, they seem to just squirt some syrup in the cup then use there latte machine then swirl it up is all.

It is Newman's organic, but it's a special blend they make just for McD's.

This is a custom blend, created especially for McDonald’s. It reflects our 25 years of history roasting coffee for a New England taste preference. We’ve combined a lighter roasted, vibrant and balanced coffee, with a slightly darker roasted coffee with sweet caramel notes and a milk chocolaty finish. It’s wonderfully round, full and rich.

http://www.greenmoun.../mcdonalds.html

#10 tyrone

• Members
  • null

• PipPipPip
  • 33452 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

It is Newman's organic, but it's a special blend they make just for McD's.

http://www.greenmoun.../mcdonalds.html

i'm not sure it's special, anyways as you see i think thats new england specific. i dont think that is what they serve in non new england mcdonalds.

But like I say I'm pretty sure a (likely) slight difference in coffee taste is the least of my concerns. I could be wrong.

Edited by tyrone, 18 April 2009 - 03:44 PM.

#11 juden

• Members
  • Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

will try, i'd like to see your final notes on this

ps new england :rock

#12 Nitemare1

• Members
  • Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

This sounds not unlike my quest to recreate a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino last year. It went badly.
Good luck to you young man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users